LIVE NIRVANA SESSIONS HISTORY:
February 5, 1994 - Pavilhão do Grupo Dramático e Sportivo de Cascais, Cascais, PT
- Cobain, Kurt (vocals, guitar)
- Grohl, Dave (drums)
- Novoselic, Krist (bass)
- Smear, Pat (guitar)
- Creager, Melora (cello)
- Beveridge, Ian (monitor engineer)
- Currier, Pete (rigger)
- Duncan, John (guitar technician)
- Mackenzie, Garry (drum technician)
- MacLeod, Alex (tour manager)
- Mason, Jeff (production manager)
- Nase, Kelly (tour accountant)
- Overbay, Craig (front of house engineer)
- Sasic, Susanne (lighting designer)
- Swink, Ed (stage manager)
- Thörig, Appy (mojo barrier)
- Vincent, Jim (guitar technician)
- [O] Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam (Grohl on bass, Novoselic on accordion)
- [X] Polly
- [X] The Man Who Sold The World
- [X] Dumb
- [X] Where Did You Sleep Light Night?
- [X] Something In The Way
Best available sources
|Source||Quality||Complete||Runtime||Lowest Gen||Tracks Featured||Notes|
|SBD #1||10.0||No||0:03:57||Official CD (With The Lights Out)||• Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam|
NIRVANA embarked on the European leg of the In Utero tour with cellist, Melora Creager, in tow.
In addition to acclimatising to huge arenas, Creager had to overcome discord within the band; while Cobain was encouraging her to improvise, Novoselic preferred that she stick to conventional melodies.
I got really excited, so all my parts were cadenzas and crazy cello everywhere. [Then] Krist would ask me, Creager recalls.
You're playing like the record, right?
Those guys [Cobain and Novoselic] didn't really talk much. And in my mind, Kurt's the leader and he told me to play whatever I wanted, but Krist didn't like it like that… It was really nerve-wracking! (1)
To resolve the situation, Cobain sat Creager down in a room with Novoselic—
like a teacher, she says—and listened to what she was playing.
We ended up mixing it up a bit. Some things, I made up. Some things were from the record. (1)
- Borzillo, Carrie, 2000. Eyewitness Nirvana: The Day-By-Day Chronicle. Carlton Books. ↑